New Chainsaw

My previous post titled Chainsaws was asking about which chainsaw brands you guys would recommend.  Well, I ended up picking up my new saw yesterday and got a chance to play with it some today.  I know I was leaning toward a Stihl or a Hasqvarna which are chainsaw brand names that come to mind, but in the end I ended up going with the cheaper option.  I found a Poulan Pro 42cc 18" chainsaw for $135 at the Home Depot.  Since I had received gift cards, it made it a no brainer to try this saw out instead of spending the cash for a name brand unit. I'll include an Amazon link to the model I bought below.

The saw came with a nice carrying case, the 2.6oz of 2-stroke oil, and the fully assembled chainsaw itself. After filling it with recommended mix of fuel and adding the bar and chain oil it started on the 4th pull! Definitely an easy starting machine so far. Time will tell if that remains the case. But so far, initial impressions of this saw are very good. My one and only critique against it would be the weight. It comes in at 13.2lbs!! Compared to similar size saws coming in around 10lbs and some even under that.

Overall, I would more than recommend this saw after my first initial experience with it. I'll have to post an update after a few more uses so I can give an even better opinion on it. But for now, I'm happy especially for the cost of it. Here is a picture from working out in the woods today. It's hard to see, but my dog is sitting in the driver seat of the Polaris.
Polaris RZR

Let me know what your thoughts / opinions are on the Poulan brand of equipment. So far, I have two pieces of their equipment and have been pleased with each one.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Put Stove Pipe Together

Outdoor Photography Contest

RZR MODS