Outdoor Photography Contest

Hello everyone!  Today, I'd like to start something new and a little bit different.  I would like to try out a photography contest to try and get our readers more involved with the blog!  What I would like to do is to come up with a different subject each month and have readers submit their photos to me.  I'll then create a post with all of the entry's where readers will be able to vote on their favorite photograph.

Rules:

  • Since this is OC-Outdoors, the monthly contest will focus on outdoor topics.  Some may stray off somewhat since "outdoors" is a very broad subject, but I'll keep it within that topic for this contest.
  • The topic will be announced on or around the 1st of every month
  • All entries must be received by the 20th of every month
  • All entries will be posted the 21st and votes will be tallied thru the 30th
  • Winners will be announced on the 30th
  • Everyone that wants to enter may email me 1 and only 1 photo for each months contest
  • All photos submitted must be your own work
  • Each winner will have the option to suggest the next months topic for the contest if they wish
This is meant to get people more involved with the blog, to spend more time outdoors, and to just have some fun!  Hopefully this will provide some entertainment to my readers and I can not wait to see all of the photos we receive!  I have a good idea for the February contest and I will announce that topic on or around February 1st!  For now, be thinking about what pictures you want to submit and about different topics that you would like to see.  Be sure to come back February 1st to find out what the topic for the month is!  Also keep an eye on our Facebook Page as I will post this information over there as well.

Just to get everyone in the spirit for this contest, here is a picture of Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Mears, Michigan which is one of my wife and I's favorite places to visit!
Silver Lake, Sand Dunes, Photography

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Put Stove Pipe Together

RZR MODS