Trail Clearing with Polaris RZR

I was finally able to get down in the woods a couple days ago.  I've been attempting to clear some trails that used to exist on our property. Since my wife and I just moved here a couple months ago I really didn't have much equipment to do this with.  So between weather and gathering equipment like my chainsaw and pole saw its taken a while to get out there.  Eventually I'd like to get a small tractor, like a John Deere or Kubota compact tractor to help with these kind of tasks.  But for now, the chainsaw and RZR 1000 work alright.

The first priority was to cut a rather large tree that had fallen across the trail. Here is a video I was able to upload.

https://youtu.be/bWzJHpQgjYE


Originally I planned on cutting it up into firewood but after getting down there it seems to be a nice candidate for a saw log. So I decided to hook it up to the Polaris and pull it up to the top of our property. This successfully opened the trail! Now I can continue clearing the trail around the perimeter of our property. Well at least I can when the Snow decides to let up! Ultimately the plan is to have the main trail running the perimeter of our property with several others running of it.  We will be using these as riding and hiking trails.

Hopefully soon I'll be able to get out to the woods again soon and make some more videos for you all! Please like and share my videos! Also feel free to subscribe to this blog to see the progress on the property improvements!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Put Stove Pipe Together

Outdoor Photography Contest

RZR MODS